A slice of pumpkin bread can be the perfect quick breakfast, part of your lunch or a lovely snack. This one is high in protein and energy.. it’s a yummy one to try.. and is especially good for the very active types.
Cooking: 60- 75mins
3 cups pumpkin, grated
1/2 cup dates, chopped
4 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
¼ cup oil (olive or canola)
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup)
1 tsp. vanilla essence/extract
2 tsp.. baking powder
3 cups almond meal
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius and grease and line a loaf tin (using baking paper).
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, dates, oil, spices, vanilla, honey and baking powder.
3. Add the nut meal, and mix in.
4. Pour batter into the loaf tin, sprinkle the top with a few extra seeds if you like, and bake for 60mins, check the bread at this time with a skewer as you may need to bake for an extra 15mins.
5. Allow to cool before removing from tin.
6. Enjoy a slice warm, cold or toasted just as it is or with a little natural yoghurt. This bread is suitable to be cut into 14 slices as it’s dense and filling.
- Try using a mix of hazelnut meal and almond meal for a slightly different flavour.
- Instead of dates try sultanas