Ever have leftover cooked quinoa which you’d like to use somehow? Try these cookies! They are beautifully crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside with a nutty rich chocolate flavour – divine.
Makes 6 medium or 8 small cookies
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (white, red, black or tricolour)
- 1/2 cup nut meal/flour (eg. almond, hazelnut or coconut)
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (eg. almond or peanut)
- 1 heaped Tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 Tbsp sweetener (maple sugar, honey, raw sugar, coconut sugar)
- A dash of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to create a sticky batter. Taste and add more sweetener if you like. Then using your hands roll batter into balls (using about 1 Tbsp. for each cookie), place on baking paper and press down gently with a fork. Bake for 12-15mins, allow to cool and then keep in an airtight container.
- Dark chocolate or white chocolate
- Dried fruit
- Nuts and/or seeds
- Fresh berries
- Other spices such as turmeric, nutmeg, ginger
If you like these you may also like our peanut butter, banana, tahini cacao cookies – these are just as good!