These fudgy little balls are firstly SO easy and quick to make, all you need is a bowl, fork and spoon, and only four ingredients. Secondly, they are delicious raw but when frozen also make a nice chilled snack (when taken from the freezer and allowed to defrost a little they’re chewy and almost caramel like). One or two make an energising and nourishing ‘pick me up’ snack. Roll and dust them in whatever you like best – cacao, cocoa powder, sesame seeds, cinnamon and/or coconut all work well. If you love bananas and peanut butter (or any other nut butter) these are really worth a go!
This makes 7-8 ‘bliss ball size’ balls
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter, or any nut butter you like)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 Tbsp. LSA (LSA is a mix of ground linseed, almonds and sunflower) (or, you can use almond meal if easier or you prefer)
- Optional: maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar to sweeten
Throw all in a bowl and mix well. Place and spread cocoa or cacao powder and/or sesame seeds onto a clean dry chopped board (or whatever coating you would like to use). Then roll mixture into balls and roll in cocoa and/or seeds.
Keep in the fridge, in an airtight container or on a plate covered in cling wrap. As they contain fresh banana I’ve found that they last well for 2 days.
Some other lovely mixture additions, if you’re keen to get fancy..
- Cocoa or cacao
- Seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia, hemp, sesame, linseed)
- Macca powder
- Nutritional yeast
- Dried berries eg. goji berries
- Chopped dates
- Choc chips or chopped dark chocolate